We are all Shopping, Cooking, Cleaning, Celebrating, with our Families and Friends! As we all know the Holidays are complete with food and drinks and too much to do on too little sleep, all taking place during a sometimes harsh, wintry weather season. The end result: Just when you want to look sparkly and terrific, your skin gets the holiday blues.
The good news: Not only are there things you can do right now to ensure your angelic “glow” during this season, but there are also some cosmetic tricks and tips to keep your holiday glow going clear into the New Year.
I have put together for you a series of 4 problems and possible solutions help you and your skin get through the Holidays!I will post this out over two separate posts. The first post will consider Dark Circles and Breakouts, and second one will discuss Skin Hangover/Eye Puffiness, and if your Skin is looking a little green.
1. Problem â€“ Dark Circles: Skin stress that appears during the holidays, including some dark circles, can be the result of a lack of moisture, particularly if you live in a colder climate and are exposed to indoor heating. Therefore, you may need to trade up to a richer, more emollient moisturizer, beginning right at the start of the holiday season.
- Increase the moisture level in your skin and start as early in the season as possible. SeneGence has some terrific products. If you havenâ€™t tried Climate Control, this is a great product to introduce more moisturization to your skin. If your skin is feeling really dry, you may want to switch your â€œDaytime Moisturizerâ€ for the Nighttimeâ€ one. If your lips need more moisturization, I highly recommend Sports LipBalm. I canâ€™t emphasize enough, listen to your skin and this will help you determine what you need to do.
- To pull attention away from the dark circles, which gives you that sleepy, tired eye during the day look, â€¦.experts say to skip the eyeliner and mascara on the lower lid. The reason beingâ€¦.it can make puffy eyes look (and feel) worse.
- To achieve that bright, “I-never-stay-out-all-night” glow, it has been suggested to bypass the smoky dark eye shadows and choose a peach or champagne color instead. Gold counteracts redness and brightens darkness, so a champagne or peachy shadow will brighten the eye area and help you avoid a sleepy, tired look. To achieve this look, I suggest using SeneGenceâ€™s ShadowSense Candlelight or BlushSense Peach or a mixture depending on your skin tone. However, you may be able to achieve the brightness you desire by using your foundation as well. Our Foundations are exchangeable with our any of the other creamy SenseCosmetics and will definitely keep your color Obviously there are many more suggestions to make butâ€¦this is a start.
2. Problem – Breakouts: For many women, the biggest holiday skin problem is not dryness but breakouts, even if they don’t normally suffer from acne. The reason is that stress causes women to produce more of the male hormone testosterone, and it’s those surges that give us Holiday Acne.
- You may be able to stop your holiday breakouts before they start if you remember to exfoliate your skin regularly, to totally remove all traces of make-up and keep pores open. With SeneGence Products, to remove the color technology first use FOOPS, followed by using our 3-in-1 Cleanser to exfoliate, completely clean and tone the skin.
- Another suggestion is if you currently uses the â€œNormal-to-Dryâ€ preparation for the Cleanser and are having this problem, you may want to switch to our â€œNormal-to-Oilyâ€ Cleanser for your stressful times.
- If you breakout anyway, you can put a few drops of Visine on the pimple to constrict blood vessels (yes, the stuff that “gets the red out” of burning eyes will also get the red out of your blemish), then pat lightly with a concealer (MakeSense Blender) mixed with foundation to match your skin tone.
Carol Clifton – Lipsense